It seems as though most big industries have now embraced the idea of automation in the workplace. Whether it's meant a full-blown overhaul of their processes or that they merely use a little automatic assistance here and there, it's been a really quite transformative for a lot of sectors.
Not that we're ones to brag, of course, but community pharmacy are ahead of the curve on this. Pharmacies have embraced the idea of automation and technological assistance in ordering and labelling since the 1980's. It's a good job we did too, given the rapid growth in prescription numbers that the past few decades has seen. Automation has allowed practices to keep up with demand and improve the dispensing process no end.
At Cegedim Rx, we're a community pharmacies system supplier that also promotes the benefits of letting the tech do the work for you. We work with our customers to help them fully understand the following:
- Exactly how new solutions can work and slot into their businesses
- How new innovations, changes and solutions could and should integrate with their core systems
- What steps should be taken to ensure that any integration safeguards their critical and sensitive data
There are countless different and valid reasons to take advantage of automation in a community pharmacy setting, such as:
- It can increase dispensing capacity
- You can reducing costs
- Eradicating dispensing errors becomes a real possibility
- Improving of patient access to medication
- It supports patient adherence
Automation allows pharmacists, technicians and other staff to spend less time at a keyboard and more time serving and interacting with customers. So what’s not to love about it?
We're committed to the seamless integration of PMR and automation for every single one of our customers and are proud to supply proven interfaces to all of the main suppliers. If you like the idea of having a robot working for you in your dispensary, then contact us first to find out how we can help make it happen… Call us on 0330 303 3342.
Cegedim Rx is a part of the wider Cegedim Group. Cegedim employs over 4,200 people, working across ten countries. Last year we generated a total revenue of more than €457 million. We're an innovative technology and services company that specialise in the field of digital data flow management for healthcare ecosystems and B2B businesses. We're also a cutting edge business software publisher for professionals in the healthcare industry.
We're respected suppliers and innovators of healthcare technology, as well as a company that specialises in providing complete end-to-end IT solutions, as well as industry-focused data and information services to our clients.
We lead the market and we're determined to continue to do so while hitting our three main goals:
- To create smart new solutions that exactly match our customers’ needs, while improving healthcare provisions all round.
- To provide a unique customer experience that is at the heart and soul of everything we say and do as a business.
- To create and promote a collaborative, open and really energised workplace culture that does the best it can every day, while fully embracing change and nurturing innovation.